Had some issues getting a Server 2003 (SBS) to sync time. The MS fixits failed and the "do it myself" seemed un-related.
The instructions I found online led to failures, these are the commands I used to get the time to sync. Each bracket is a new command
>net stop w32tm
>w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:time-a.nist.gov /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
Note: the commands I had found online had a number of sources under "manualpeerlist:" but I found anything after the quote caused an error. So I took out multiple options and had just the one.
It is best practice to have more than one time server, but in this instance they are migrating from this server.