Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Server 2003 Time Service

Had some issues getting a Server 2003 (SBS) to sync time. The MS fixits failed and the "do it myself" seemed un-related.

The instructions I found online led to failures, these are the commands I used to get the time to sync. Each bracket is a new command

>net stop w32tm
>w32tm /unregister
>w32tm /register
>w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:time-a.nist.gov /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
>w32tm /resync

Note: the commands I had found online had a number of sources under "manualpeerlist:" but I found anything after the quote caused an error. So I took out multiple options and had just the one.

It is best practice to have more than one time server, but in this instance they are migrating from this server.

No comments:

Post a Comment